KK, excellently known as Krishnakumar Kunnath was an Indian playback singer. He was well recognized for recording songs in several languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, and Gujarati. He was the 2012 recipient of the Eenam-Swaralaya Singer of the Year Award. He started his career by singing for advertisement jingles and made his film debut with an A.R. Rahman soundtrack. KK released his debut album titled “Pal” in 1999. He performed at a college fest at Nazrul Mancha auditorium, in South Kolkata on 31st May 2022. He had also gained a lovely fan base on his social media as he had earned more than 354K followers on his Instagram account and over 97.9K followers on his Twitter account. Unhappily, we lost such a versatile icon on 31st May 2022.
KK Singer Death Cause
KK who was a playback singer left the world forever on 31st May 2022. KK performed at a college fest at Nazrul Mancha auditorium, in South Kolkata on 31st May 2022. He complained of feeling unwell soon after his performance on the way back to his hotel, where he suffered cardiac arrest. Efforts to revive him at the hotel were unsuccessful, and he was subsequently taken to the hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. KK was 53 years old at the time of his death. Kolkata Police registered a case of unnatural death to investigate the causes on 1st June 2022.
What was KK Famous For?
- Being an Indian playback singer.
- For recording songs in several languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, and Gujarati.
What was KK’s Real Name?
KK opened his eyes for the very first time on 23rd August 1968 in Delhi, India. His real name was Krishnakumar Kunnath and his religion was Malayali. He was of Indian nationality and he came from Asian ethnic background. KK lastly celebrated his 53rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign was Virgo. Thus, his race was black. He was the son of C. S. Nair and his mother Kanakavalli Kunnath.
Moving to KK’s academic qualification, he graduated from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University.
How was the Career of KK?
- KK conceived his career by giving his demo tape to Louis Banks, Ranjit Barot, and Lesle Lewis to get a break in the music arena in 1994 after which he was called by UTV and he sang a jingle for Santogen Suiting ad.
- He sang more than 3,500 jingles across 11 languages in a span of four years and got his first break in Mumbai with UTV to sing jingles.
- KK considered Lesle Lewis as his mentor for giving him his first jingle to sing in Mumbai.
- He had his Bollywood debut with the song “Tadap Tadap Ke Is Dil Se” from “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” (1999).
- He also had sung a small portion of the song “Chhod Aaye Hum” from “Gulzar’s Maachis” (1996).
- Later he was selected as the new artiste and he came out with his debut solo album titled “Pal” which was the first album released by KK under Sony Music for which he got the Screen award as best singer.
- He released his second album “Humsafar” after a gap of eight years on 22nd January 2008 whereas he had also sung many television serial songs like “Just Mohabbat”, “Shaka Laka Boom Boom”, “Kuch Jhuki Si Palkein”, “Hip Hip Hurray”, “Kkavyanjali”, “Just Dance”.
- He had sung a song named “Tanha Chala” for the Pakistani TV show “The Ghost” which was aired on Hum TV in 2008 as well as he sang one qawwali “Chadta Suraj”.
- As well, he came to the TV show Surili Baat on “Aaj Tak” Channel and appeared in the television singing reality show “Indian Idol Junior” Season 2 on 29th August 2015. He also appeared in a singing reality show as a judge and guest jury member after 10 years.
- Subsequently, he starred in the TV show “Baaton Baaton Mein” on Sony Mix on 13th September 2015.
Who was KK’s Wife?
KK was a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Jyothy in 1991 with whom he was blessed with two children. They both seemed extremely happy in their domestic life till the death of KK. His son Nakul Krishna Kunnath sang the song “Masti” from his album Humsafar with him. He also had a daughter. Furthermore, talking about KK’s sexual orientation, he was straight.
How much was KK’s Net Worth?
KK was a talented man who had a net worth of $8 million at the time of his death (2022). He also earned a handsome amount of salary which was around thousands of dollars per year. KK had gained a considerable amount of money from his profession as his major source of income was from his singing career.
What was the Height of KK?
KK stood at an ideal height of 5 ft 7 in with a balanced bodyweight of 65 kg. He had black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type was average.
Did You Know?
- He studied business at Delhi University’s Kirori Mal College and briefly worked in marketing before beginning his singing career.
- He was the 2012 recipient of the Eenam-Swaralaya Singer of the Year Award.
- Though best known for his Hindi-language songs, he also performed in Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Telugu, and Tamil films.
- He was inspired by the music and career of fellow Bollywood singer Kishore Kumar.
- His marriage to Jyothy Krishna resulted in a daughter named Taamara and a son named Nakul.