Martina Trevisan is an Italian tennis player who is famous for having a career-high singles ranking of World No. 59 and a best WTA doubles ranking of World No. 138. In 2022, she won her maiden title in Rabat defeating Claire Liu who was also a first-time WTA finalist. As a result, she reached the top 60 at World No.59 on May 23, 2022. Further, she has also won ten singles titles and two doubles titles on the ITF Women’s Circuit. Playing for the Italy Fed Cup team, Trevisan has a win-loss record of 6–2 (2–2 in singles and 4–0 in doubles, as of March 2022). Her present coach is Matteo Catarsi.
Trevisan beats Fernandez to reach French Open semis
Two years after coming through qualifying to make her first major quarterfinal, at Roland Garros, Italy’s Martina Trevisan has taken another step. Unseeded Italian Martina Trevisan surged into the French Open semi-finals with a 6-2 6-7(3) 6-3 defeat of Canadian teenager Leylah Fernandez on Tuesday (31st May 2022) to advance to her first Slam semifinal. On Thursday, she will face Coco Gauff for a spot in Saturday’s final. The world number 59 could have won in straight sets but wavered when serving for the match at 5-4 in the second as fellow left-hander Fernandez dug deep to stay in the contest.
What is Martina Trevisan Famous For?
- Being a tennis player.
- For winning one singles WTA title in Rabat.
What is Martina Trevisan Nationality?
Martina Trevisan was born on 3rd November 1993 in Florence, Italy. She holds Italian nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. Her race is White. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio and her religion is Christianity. Her present age is 28 as of 2021.
About her parents, she was born to her father, Claudio Trevisan, and her mother whose name is still to get disclosed yet. Her dad is a football player by profession. She also has a sibling; an elder brother namely Matteo Trevisan who was a professional tennis player on the ATP World Tour.
Martina Trevisan Career Timeline
- Trevisan started playing tennis at a very young age.
- She reached the semifinals of both the French Open and the Wimbledon Championships in girls’ doubles competitions in the year 2009.
- She then made her Grand Slam debut at the Australian Open in 2020, overcoming former Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard in the qualifiers. Thus, she reached the main draw before falling to eventual champion, Sofia Kenin, in straight sets.
- At the French Open, she came through the qualifiers to face Camila Giorgi but Giorgi retired in the second set due to injury.
- During the second round, Trevisan beat Coco Gauff in three sets to progress to her first Grand Slam third round.
- She followed that up with a win against 20th seed Maria Sakkari, after losing the first set 1–6 and edging the second (saving two match points) in a tie-break.
- She also win against fifth seed Kiki Bertens, in straight sets, to move into her first Grand Slam quarterfinal but she lost to the eventual champion, Iga Świątek, also in straight sets.
- In the year 2021, she was a quarterfinalist also at the Australian Open, in doubles partnering Aleksandra Krunić.
- In the year 2022, she won her maiden title in Rabat defeating Claire Liu. Winning this, she reached the top 60 at World No. 59 on 23rd May 2022.
- She then continued her run of form by reaching her first Grand Slam semifinal at the 2022 French Open, defeating Harriet Dart, Magda Linette, Daria Saville, and Aliaksandra Sasnovich, and 17th seed Leylah Fernandez.
- As a result, she secured a top 30 debut in the rankings.
Who is Martina Trevisan Husband?
Martina Trevisan is a married woman to her handsome husband, Marco Parra. The duo is also blessed with children namely Emma (baby girl). The family is leading a happy life at present. Their love bond is going stronger with the passage of time. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Martina Trevisan Net Worth in 2022?
Martina Trevisan is a professional tennis player who has made a cool amount of money from her career work. As of 2022, the net worth of Martina Trevisan is estimated to have $1 Milion. Her main source of wealth comes from her tennis career and she is living a modest lifestyle at present. Her exact salary is still to get unfolded yet. She has earned the prize money of $1,442,598 till now.
What is Martina Trevisan Height?
Martina Trevisan is a beautiful woman with a charming and glowing face. She stands at the perfect height of 1.70 m or 170 cm or 5 ft 7 in and her body weight measures 68 Kg or 149 lbs. Her body type is athletic. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black. Her other body size is still to get disclosed yet. She has been diagnosed with Anorexia. In 2020, she penned a very personal blog post on the Italian website The Owl Post in which she wrote about struggling with anorexia, which took her away from competitive tennis for four years. She sought professional treatment for her eating disorder. “I was re-educated to eat, to make peace with my wounds,” she wrote. “To appreciate my new body, to forgive those who made mistakes and to find my time to do things.” She found herself with a racquet in hand, not to compete but to coach at her local club. But Trevisan reconnected with the sport that had once brought her such joy, and by 2014 she was working her way back through the lower rungs of the sport. “I think everybody has important life,” Trevisan said after her quarterfinal win. “I think the importance is, who I am right now, that I’m happy on the court. I’m doing what I love”.
Did You Know?
- She is left-handed (two-handed backhand).
- She reached the semifinals of both the French Open and the Wimbledon Championships in 2009 in girls’ doubles competitions.
- She made her grand slam debut in 2020 at the Australian Open.
- Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
- She was a quarterfinalist at the Australian Open in 2021 in doubles partnering with Aleksandra Krunic.