South Africa is undoubtedly a home away from home for many Nigerians. You will be surprised to find many Nigerians on the streets of Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town and virtually all South African cities.
There are some countries across the globe that do not need any visa to enter into south Africa; this is not the case with Nigerians. Any Nigerian planning on visiting South Africa must get a visa.
If you are a diplomat from Nigerian traveling to South Africa, you will not require visa to enter into South Africa. Aside diplomats, those who hold service passports and official passports too are exempted.
However, this exception is just for a given period of time. Nigerians holding service, official or diplomat passports are free to remain in South African without visa for up to 90 days. Any other Nigerian outside these groups of people must obtain visa to gain access into South Africa.
So, what are the visa requirements for a Nigerian to gain access into South Africa? Those requirements will be highlighted below.
Visa application process
Before you ever submit your application for visa to South Africa from Nigeria, you are required to consider the points highlighted below:
- You are required to submit your application by hand at the South African embassy or ant any of the accredited visa application centers in Nigeria.
- All your original documents must be photocopied and submitted along with the South African visa application form. If you have ever visited other countries before, visas to those other countries also must be photocopied and submitted along with the application.
- Download South African application from the South African embassy website and fill it properly.
- Pay up the visa application fee as well as service fee. You can make the payment at any of the accredited banks. The bank account numbers to be used are made available on their website. The payment can also be made at the accredited via application centers. You can make payment in person or make it using their bank account. You are required to pay in cash if you want to pay in person.
All documents mentioned above should be submitted together.
Tracking your application
After applying for South African visa, you can track your application right online. At the point of submitting the above mentioned documents, you will be given a tracking ID. This ID can be used in tracking the process of your application.
The Tracking ID includes your passport number and also your date of birth.
Other things to submit for visa application are
- 2 identical passport photos with white background
- Your valid international passport
- Photocopy of the data page of your international passport
- Self introduction letter bearing your phone number and physical address.
- Recommendation letter from your employee whenever such is applicable.
- Verifiable hotel bookings and it must be done with the hotel instead of third parties.
- A photocopy of your international vaccination card
- Proof of your financial status, which can be represented by bank statement not older than 6 months.